Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Universe is Elegant... Eloquent... and Maybe even a little Insane these days...

The Elegant Universe...



“To Bel, For Gifts of Song and Elegant Fire,” are the words within the credits of one of the cd’s I have been listening to of late.  It was written by a dear musical friend of mine, as an honor to me, as a message that I might have inspired his music, at least a tiny little bit.  For that, I am honored beyond words.  The music is beautiful beyond compare.  I may even use that as an album title in the future... it means so very much to me.  What a gift, this music.  What a simple joy to have in our lives, and what a glorious gift and privilege to know it and appreciate it so deeply.  What a way to calm the nerves, ease the soul... in times of stress and strife.  Of course, some of us know that stress can only affect you, if you let it in and allow it to do so, but I guess that doesn’t seem to stop it from trying to creep in every now and then anyway.  The most pleasurable things, and the most profound, are usually the most simple.  That, I think, one can take much solace in. 



Music, for me, is one of those simple yet profound things that make my life worth living.  It can cause you to experience so many emotions, and so much more deeply.



“Simple is usually the most profound.”  This is the Blane phrase that comes most often to my mind as I traverse the multitude of information that has seeped into my brain over the last month.  It seems as if anything and everything related to science, an art that up until now, I was never terribly fond of, has made itself known to me.  The ways in which this is happening are astounding to me.  Admittedly, when I go to “Wikipedia,” and look up “Quantum Physics,” and try to read and comprehend what is there, (especially the math equations) I am at an utter loss.  But strangely, some of the information, at least, has been getting through.



I have been completely taken aback by these programs that I have been viewing lately.  “Through the Wormhole,” with Morgan Freeman,” and the “Fabric of the Cosmos,” on Nova with Brian Green, have been my two favorite.  In these programs, science of very abstract and difficult to understand things, for the lay person, become much easier to grasp, with colorful diagrams, art and scenery, and examples that are explained in a fashion, so easily that almost anyone can understand them.  I can appreciate this, so thank you, creators of these programs!  Otherwise hidden to me, some of this strange new knowledge has been quite influential and inspiratonal lately, and somehow even oddly comforting.



I suppose I started by seeking a question to one thing, naturally, with all that has happened in my life lately.  This is he question of all questions.  “What happens to us after we die?”   And that, of course, eventually leads to other questions.  “Does the soul live outside the body?” and “What is the Universe really made of?”  Well... thankfully, someone has taken the time and effort, to dumb these theories down for people like me, theories, though interspersed with quite a few pretty wild facts (fact IS stranger than fiction, bygods!), too.  I can see and understand things in the last month, it seems like, that I have never been able to “see,” or understand, very well at all, before.



I guess I did know a little bit about some of these things... I actually did read, and pretty much understood, for the most part, most of Hawking’s book, “A Brief History of Time,” though it blew my mind, and yet now, even a few years later, there is so much more out there that we know, collectively as a race, that we didn’t know as early as last year.  There are thrilling, amazing, exciting discoveries learned every day.  And I want to keep on learning them!  But when it all comes right down to it, to the bare bones “science” of it all, it seems like, to me, anyway, so many of these physicists are so very incredibly over thinking things.  I know, that is their job, and I appreciate that.  Now, I wonder... is a child capable of coming up with some of the theories that some of these brilliant, Harvard graduated adults have come up with?  I think so... because, even without the mathematics, a lot of what I am hearing seems to be common sense, or even common imaginings and suppositions.  Some of it seems a real stretch, though, and some of it just seems like very colorful mental creations, (though I never said that imagination wasn’t “real”), and still, so many of these things and theories, even proposed by the greatest minds of all time, are frustratingly just that, theories.  At least, for now.  Why, one might ask, would anyone ever even try to decipher the meaning of the Universe?  “Our trying to understand God, is like an ant trying to figure out a computer,” my mother once told me, when I was a very small child.  I agree!  But, it also made me want to earn more!



Thus begins our search, for truth, for the basis of our faith, and our search for “real” magick... all of those things that give some if us our answers, leave some of us even more frustrated than before, and give some of us peace, or even new and exciting paths to tread and to learn upon for life.  Yet this easy thing... this “faith” gives some of us a stopping, or resting place, along the path of our life, a place where we feel “comfortable” just staying there, taking what is offered to us from some book or preacher, and leaving it, simply, at that.  “I know it in my heart to be true,” some say, “I have faith, and that is enough for me.”  I suppose this could be an easy, blessed and peaceful existence.  This is not so easy for others to do.



Though I do not think that we are really meant to discover each and every single secret of the universe, I now see why some might feel the need to try.  It’s fascinating!  There are so many things that I didn’t know... and I could see how easy it would be for someone with a mind that was even a little bit too “closed,” to miss out on breathtaking worlds, astonishing comprehensions, and dreams to behold.  “Worldly.”  That is a word that has, to some, terrific and positive connotations; “worldly” can mean something pleasant and GOOD; well traveled, well-versed, well read... someone who has seen or known the world as a whole, has been opened to an array of experiences, and who has let their lives become richer by the very open mindedness and progressiveness that they have allowed their intellect to bathe in.  On the other hand, oooh, “worldly,” could mean something not so good... and could mean liberalism, free thought, willfulness, (as if these were bad things, and to some, they are) and an unyielding state, where one could easily fall out of “grace”  by being exposed to too much.  One who was too “worldly,” just might miss out on the simple grace of God.  And that, is too easy to do, to simply go with this faith thing... to become one of the flock... and to believe and live by what another person has deemed you should believe and live by, by his own interpretation, so why push it?  Why rock the boat?



‘Cause... well, sometimes, ya just gotta.  Some see our minds as things that we should be able to use, to learn with, to discover new things with and to enjoy and experience life with, to the fullest.  Some might call that Hedonism.  I call it, using your mind and your body, to please the soul.  Ahhhh, pleasing, earthly sensations!!!  I am certain that it is at least one reason why we are here!



Well, thankfully, I feel blessed to see God, and Goddess, in all things, manifested around us, at all times.  I see energies shimmering within all the living things, as well as the inanimate things, including all of the stones and the water, the air, the humans and the animals, the plants and the single-celled creatures, big and small, and even the wispy and transient clouds in the sky, and of course... the universe itself.  It is so amazingly vast that “one” might never comprehend it all, (space) what shape it is, how far it goes on into infinity, or how time works, (though, almost frighteningly, we do seem to be getting closer and closer) but “we” do know one thing... that we ARE.  Of that, we are pretty damn sure.



(Unless, that is, this is just some crazy dream from another reality, where we are residing in a different dimension altogether, and THIS is the real dream.  But those kinds of theories could go on and on ad infinitum.  So for now, let’s just say, we are HERE.)



I just said (above) that frighteningly, almost, we seem to be getting closer and closer to the “truth.”  The theories of everything.  The things made out of things made out of more things.  Atoms.  Electrons.  Neutrons.  Neutrinos.  But what happens if, when we get to the last basic thing, the string, or whatever basic component is that last supposed building block of the cosmos, and then, we realize that “oops!” as we have been realizing over and over, that it goes even DEEPer.  It gets even smaller.  Seemingly, infinitely.  There is yet another component to the theory of everything.  And then, years down the line, another, smaller detail.  An even more minute building block.  We never get to the smallest component, because, maybe there is none.  Maybe it is all meant to be a wild goose chase, a joke, from the dine being(s) out there, to the human race, for those of us who insist on continuing this search for “truth,” rather than stopping to smell the flowers, and just relax about it finally and enjoy life?  “Ha ha HAhhh!”  I can hear them up there saying... “Wait until they figure out that strings are actually made up of doughnuts!  And doughnuts are made out of horseshoes!  And horseshoes are made out of lightning bolts!  Mwah ha haaa!”



I would think that scientists, especially people like quantum physicists, string theorists, and the likes, would go just about crazy sometimes with all of the information that their poor little brains must hold.  (Not that a brain is ever in danger of holding too much information, or at least we haven’t seen that yet, thank goodness.) I wonder if many of them take the time they need to take it easy on themselves, take time to care for and nurture their souls with simple and beautiful things?  I hope so... because I think that, in the wonder of it all, and in the fascination and amazement of each new discovery, there must be away to also see how funny, how basic, and how simple, we all really are.  Do they stop to just experience a tree sometimes, or do they sit and ponder and analyze it to death until it withers away?  I like to think that they take bubble baths every once in a while, and get foot massages.  They deserve that, at least.



So I may never understand the inner working of quantum physics, (can one understand science, without math? Hmmmm...) or maybe one day I will, but I do know some new things about myself lately... I am interested in things that I have never been all that interested in before, and I am beginning to be able to comprehend them, in some remarkable ways, and quickly.  I am fascinated beyond belief, about “entanglement,” and specifically, about things like Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff’s (very viable!) theories on Orchestrated Objective Reduction, on Quantum Consciousness, Conscious Entanglement (cool!) and on things like extra senses and microtubules and leaping across spacetime.  “The brain as a quantum computer?  Really?)  If you get the chance, please see “Through the Wormhole,” the episode called “Life After Death,” specifically, and also NOVA’s “The Fabric of the Cosmos,” the episode called “Quantum Leap.”  The two of those shows, together, may very well blow your mind.  I know they did mine!  (Or, maybe you are really smart and already knew all of that stuff.  In which case, congratulations!)  From there, if you have the opportunity, please get all of the episodes, of each of these shows, and watch them.  It is startling how much the information in most of these programs relates to each other!



At one point, very early on in our conversations, Blane, (my friend who recently passed, for those just tuning in) and I talked a bit about the “sixth sense.”  He told me all about this “Ghost Fish” that lives in the jungles of the Amazon.  This particular species of fish, he told me, was pretty much blind.  However, it was able to “see,” with some electrical field that we know little about... keeping its body fairly rigid, and moving only its upper fin, while sending out these very unique “waves” of energy, and that it moved along gracefully, “feeling” its way among the waters with this sense, a sense that most of us humans just don’t use.  Why, because we don’t have to.  Bats can “see” with echolocation.  Birds flock together and know how to fly in incredible formations because of their extra sensitive ways of feeling the change in air pressure... (how?  Scientists don’t really know how yet!)  How can they do this?  Because this is what they have adapted to use... and have had to... and us, we don’t so much need these “extra” senses.  At least, not yet.  But maybe it is coming to a time where we will need to use them.  “Sixth” sense?  Only six?  I think there are probably hundreds of extra senses.  Senses and things that we have yet to be able to explain, or even experience, because, our minds and bodies are not used to having to try to.  Can we?  I think so... don’t they say that we use a very small percentage of our brains?  That we could do so much more?  I believe so...  Maybe we should try!



Which leads me to, for lack of a better term for it, (and I have heard this a lot over the years) the elusive “Collective Consciousness.”  Yes, I do think that each of us maintains our own identity, our own soul, and does so for a very long time, if not forever, but I also think that we, as individual pieces of a much larger consciousness (that of the very Universe itself), can “tap into” that “collective consciousness,” and use to for some pretty good things, and have some groovy experiences together along the way.  Perhaps we can use it to learn how to love one another better, and do better for the world as a whole.  Sound easy, you say?  Sound simple... Well, maybe it IS.



In one of the shows I watched, (the same Wormhole episode on “Life After Death”):



“Eben Alexander taught and performed neurosurgery at Harvard Medical School for 15 years.  In 2008, his career took an unexpected turn; one that would give him profound insight into the possibility of life after death.” 



He talked about his experiences while he was in a coma, caused by an extremely rare form of bacterial meningitis. 



His first recollection was from what he called an “earthworm eye view” of the world, in which he was trapped in a very murky, brown and red, dark place, where he literally remembered crawling about in the muck, with roots literally over his head, and he said that he had seemed to be there, in this dark place, for a very long time.  He had no memory of his life, he had no words in his memory, no language or vocabulary, and he was far from aware of anything going on around him in any ICU room.  In the midst of this, he said, there was eventually “A little melody that was spinning in front of me.  It just started spinning in front of me and expanded, and it ended up clearing away all of that ugly, foreboding, gross, muddy realm, and all of a sudden, I was coming up into this beautiful meadow.  I had no body awareness... I had no arms, legs or anything, but I was aware that I was a “speck” on a butterfly wing.  This (absolutely beautiful) butterfly.  And, there were millions of other colorful butterflies looping and swirling all around us all in this beautiful formation, flying... and then... we left this universe.  And went out into what I now call the “core.”  At first, it seemed infinitely huge and dark, although I was there with that beautiful warm awareness of the divine, which was clearly what we would call “God,” in this place, outside the universe.  Basically, I recall the whole “Multiverse” being in front of me.  It was very clear that LOVE was a huge part of the constituent of that whole... Multiverse.”



He explained this occurrence in very vivid detail, but as a “thinking man,” he appeared to be somewhat befuddled, because he could not rationally “explain” how the consciousness could possibly have experienced such a lucid thing, while his brain, for all intensive purposes, was supposedly “inactive.”  (Well, something in there was most definitely active.) After attempting to decipher the “meaning of it all,” even he admitted, “there was no explanation.”



Morgan Freeman goes on, then, to say, that “Alexander had faced something that tens of thousands of people have reported.  A ‘near death experience.’  Nearly all claim something that science has so far been unable to PROVE; that there is another existence, beyond the one we know.”



So... how do we “prove” it?  Do we really need to?  What makes us so obstinate in our search, that we feel that must have these answers?  Desperation?  The search for the ultimate knowledge?  There are probably many reasons, but... what do people do, I am forced to wonder, when their very “faith” is put into question, if that is what, and all, that they have to rely on?  (“WHY did this happen?  What kind of fair, just God would ALLOW something like this to happen?”)  And then, we all eventually get it, we figure it out... and it hits us, fair or not, every one dies.  Each and every single one of us, as much as we might like to subconsciously pretend that we might find a way to become immortal in this lifetime, and that we might just find that ultimate answer to everlasting youthful life on earth, does die.  But hey, we must die, to live again, right?!  Whew.  At least we can be fairly certain that there is some sort of life after death.  That most of the human population believes it, it must mean something.



I wonder, though for those who have “only” faith... if that faith fails those who trust in it so deeply, if it wouldn’t make one so doubtful, that they would begin to question their very... religion.  Surely it has happened time and time and time again.  I think, in a way, it has even happened to me, in a way.  Even though I would not consider myself a religious person at all, I am a spiritual one, who believes undoubtedly that there is a life after this one, and on and on, pretty much forever.  Surely, on the other hand, there are those with “faiths so unshakeable,” that they are able to (thankfully) make it through the tragedy, with flying colors, and come out even stronger than before.  Of course they grieve, or may grieve, but with their strong and steadfast faith, they “know” that ultimately, one day, they will also be in the hands of their savior, (insert deity here) and in their place of rest and deserved peace (insert version of heaven the Summerland, Valhalla, or what have you here), joining up once again, with those they love.  I’d like to think that, too, and I do.  But... I don’t need one, or a million, books, or religions, to tell me that this is what happens.  Why?  Because... TENS of thousands of people have had these experiences (you heard Morgan Freeman!).  There must be a common reason for that, wouldn’t you think?  Isn’t that logical?  Scientific enough?  Could they all really be deluded?  I do not think so.  And in that alone, I can find enough comfort.  (Not to mention, my own “faith,” my own experiences, and my own intellect, combined, which I believe helps me to collect myself in times of need, and to go on).  Butt.... do I need these myths and stories to help me do this?  No, as nice and as poetic and as lovely to think of as they are, there are so many of them, and that right there tells me something very important.  I would love to believe my choice of them, or even a combination of them, but the truth is, I just do not know what happens.  I know that I will find out soon enough, and I am fine with the mystery remaining one.  But... it doesn’t mean I can’t do some research now and then, either. ;-) 



Sure... without dreams, myths and stories, life would be flat and dull, tasteless and unexciting... but even armed with nothing more that the truths and facts as we know them, and our astounding imaginations, we can live happy, fulfilled, satisfactorily peaceful existences.  Many scientists surely do!  But myth, and magick, and stories... help us have such richer lives.  Reading and music are escapes... and we can create our own worlds, too!  Sometimes, we can even visit them, and make them become real, if we have the tools to do so!  So regardless of what we believe, I believe that we can create our own existences, and our own realities, even on the “other side.”



So now... humor me.  Look up “Afterlife,” on Wikipedia.  Here, I’ve done it for you:






It is interesting to see just how many different (and completely unrelated, at that) theories there actually are out there floating about, (and there are surely many more than even all those listed and explained here ^) on what happens to someone, after they die.  Man, well surely they can’t all be right!  Right?  What if... (^after reading this article^) you say, “Well, what if... what if... what each of us believes happens, is going to happen?”  Honestly?  I think, maybe, that is actually, partially right.  (Just my own theory and only one of them, by the way, to add to the confusion here and postulate my own unnecessary and certainly common hypothesis into the mix...)  We build our own futures here, on our life on earth, (at least some people have realized this, see the “Law of Attraction,” if you have no earthly idea what I mean) so why can’t we build our own existences after life, too?  Is it such a stretch?  I have seen that one can manipulate time and space (same thing, right?) in the “out of body” realms.  (Believe me or not, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, and I have my own personal proof, but it is possible and it does happen.)  Let’s just say, for arguments sake, that I am right.  That the soul can separate from the body, and that it does.  Say that we can and do leave the body, in out-of-body experiences, “OBE’s” astral projections, and that further, we do it frequently.  Now, think about this, you can do it, and do do it, frequently, and now, holy jeebus! you even know how to control it.  You can move, in no time at all, from one place to another, with no more than a thought.  You can fly, and move through windows and buildings, effortlessly.  You can be in a place that is real (that you have been to before, or that you know exists somewhere on this planet), one second, or a place that is “imagined,” (you can fabricate your own personal paradise or hell, with paradise being the preferred manner of location type, normally) in the next second.  You can materialize anything you want or need, and can have all sorts of amazing and enriching experiences.  You can do it, here, now, out of your body, so why can you not do it, over there, after the death of this body, in your next existence?  I think... we can, and that, we do.  As long as we are even somewhat conscious of this, I believe we have the tools to be able to do so.  And maybe we even will have them, anyway!



You see, even as a young person, I’d say around twelve or thirteen or so, I used to “know” a lot of these things.   I had forgotten them.  I am relearning them.  I am learning new things, too, each and every day, and I feel like it is at a quicker rate than ever before.  (Two months ago you couldn’t pay me to sit down and watch a program on quantum physics.  Now, I can’t get enough of it.)  I’m not sure why, but it is happening inside me.  I think there is a very good reason.  I think things are happening around me, too, and that I need to be ready for them.  That will soon lead me to my next point of discovery... (and rant) here in a minute... something(s) that happened to me yesterday, at the Laundromat, of all places.  (Why my spell-checker wants to capitalize “Laundromat” is beyond me.  Maybe it is a sentient being, or a unique entity, this Laundromat...)



I remember reading the “Tibetan Book of the Dead,” in my school library, one afternoon, from cover to cover, in middle school (or late grade school?  About 12?)  Now what in the heck would possess someone who is twelve or thirteen years old to pick up a book like this, and start reading it, much less finish it?  And as I read it, I remember flying through the material... pages simply flying past my eyes... and though I had never read like that before, and it seemed like I was reading so quickly, I was still somehow retaining exactly everything I needed to know about it.  To this day (and I haven’t read it since) I can still recall the mention in there somewhere, that the “soul has forty days” in which to ready itself for the next incarnation.  Is that true?  Who knows?  But someone, somewhere, some group or tribe of peoples, thought they knew this to be true.  I wonder what led them to that conclusion.  Maybe that is WHY there are so many theories on the afterlife. Maybe there are THAT MANY, and MORE, possibilities.  Why do I mention this?  To show that sometimes, I believe, we are meant to have certain information.  It makes itself known to us, and allows itself to be absorbed by us, in magnified, rare times... when we really need it.  This brings me to this next item of interest.



(And from here on out, casual, amateur physicist that I am at this point, and I stress that strongly by adding that I honestly doubt that I could even get through “Quantum Mechanics for Dummies” and comprehend it at this juncture in my life and with my meek and modest mind, anyway, I am going to start imparting some of my own theories here and there, because I seem to be writing them down on napkins and things with more and more regularity these days so I guess I need to get them out.  That, and if some auto mechanic in Cape Cod can come up with a unique theory, and some surgeon or artist or stone mason could do the same, why couldn’t I?  I think half of them start by guessing, having dreams and seeing pictures in their minds anyway...)



As I was sitting in the Laundromat, watching my clothes turn over and over and over, hypnotically, and joyfully... I was paging through my texts, and the general Facebook status feed on my Blackberry.  Suddenly, I came across something that actually sparked a half a note of interest in me.  (Sad to say, rarely does this happen on Facebook with me anymore, seriously.  It seems like every damn thing is either about the Occupy movement, about politics, or about who did whom else wrong in some way, and I have about had enough of all of it... but every once in a while a nice tidbit comes along and makes my day a happy place again, so I stay... for now...  Maybe I’ll address that rant at a later date; “Why the World is Going Freaking Insane...”  OH wait... maybe I am about to...)



In any case, a guy named Terry Kok (yes, Kok) posted this link yesterday, and so I went to go over and take a gander:



(Oh and btw, this guy posts some really fab earth homes and sustainable living/permie links sometimes and oh yes!  I now have, from yet another person’s page, a nice big collection going of lovely and dreamy earth homes, which I am eager to share as well, but that is another blog altogether... see my blog “EarthCastle” for more info... anyway, as usual, I digress... my apologies...)



http://lettertorobin1.site.aplus.net/id435.html  (<<< read this, it is the point of this entire blog)



Turns out it was quite a read, indeed.



It was about the Mayan 2012 prophecies, a topic I have purposely avoided altogether, up until just now.  I’m not sure why bothered to look now, other than, I guess, as soon as I saw something along the lines of, “It’s not what you think it is, people... it’s NOT the “end of the world,” but rather a New Beginning... So wake up and smell the coffee already...” I was... there.



Turns out, this contains so many things relating to what I have been seeing, hearing, learning, and discussing with folks (most notably, Blane, in the past six months) that I was, truthfully, stunned. 



I got from it some simple things...



First, to me, it mentions doing the right thing.  Living your right life, taking right action, all of the time as much as is humanly possible.  Every action we take, every word we utter, every thought we think, has consequences.  The Universe is physically affected by how we behave.  Do the right thing, every time, be good to others, and yourself, and other creatures and energies, always, as much as you possibly can, and you won’t have to worry about repercussions.  It’s that easy, and it feels good to live that way, too!  It reinforces to me, now more than ever, about what my immediate path and direction needs to be; learning ALL I possibly can about, and teaching, in turn, how to build earth-friendly, sustainable, simple living, natural materials-made, hand made, hand sculpted, HOMES.  Hearths.  Dwellings.  Earth Castle,” “Earth Studios,” “Earth Playhouse.”  MUD DANCING!!!  It’s all coming, folks, and it is going to be stupendous.  Also, it reinforces the belief that I need to get to Oregon to study, in depth, with the Cob Cottage folks.  I have no earthly idea, when or how I will get there to do this, with my life, child, finances and schedule... but I know now that I need to make the time, to make this happen.  I would very much like this to be a big part of my new livelihood, and to create my own job, being paid well to do this and teach it to others.  I know I am going to love doing this with all of my heart.  Until the music starts paying off, in big ways (always my number one dream and goal, but you are allowed to have others, too, you know!), and/or my hands and arms regain their strength enough that I can ever do massages again professionally, this is going to have to be *it.*  Yes, I know that I will have to have much physical help, to see it all into reality.  That help is coming.  I see that now.  I just have to be ready to accept it. 



Also, the Mayan article mentions other simple things, like being aware of what we eat, and what all we put into our bodies.  That is a big one for me.  A lesson I am in need of learning, and relearning again to get my body and my strength back up to where they need to be to see my dreams into reality... and I know this again and am staring to see how important this is, once again.  I remember reading an excerpt from my new favorite book, “The Hand-Sculpted House: A Practical and Philosophical Guide to Building a Cob Cottage,” that if you are hungry, and don’t have a lot of money to spend on food (or even if you do, save that money and use it to build your home!) and... Buy yourself a big bag of good rice, and embellish it with other healthy things from there.  We don’t need much to eat, though if we eat only good things, we can eat more of them, will feel full and fulfilled all the time, and be happy and healthy and full of great energy.  We NEED to know how to grow our own food, as much as we can.  I have a friend in California who is growing much of the food her family needs, on her front porch.  If she can do it on a front porch, by gods we can do it on 166 acres.  And we can and should do so much more, too!  It (that book ^) goes on to explain so many things about how to live well, yet simply and easily, and it is, indeed, my new bible.  Anyhow, that was the next thing I got out of it.  (And these are all pretty basic things, but they are sending off bells and chimes in my brain that are saying... “Listen up, and SHARE this information, too!!!  Everyone needs to know these things!  Those who choose to close their eyes, may get left behind!!!)



I also got, what I knew all along, but was reluctant to toot a very loud horn about, knowing how sensitive the subject can be for some folks... is that MONEY (itself) IS NOT EVIL.  That’s all I’ll say about that for now.  I’ll do a whole blog about that share later and maybe some ideas on money magick, too!  But money, itself, is no more than a symbol of energy, and how you use it, (or abuse it) and how you view it, and do good with it, and have a relationship with it, is what matters.  Money itself is just a piece of paper or a coin that symbolizes that you are being rewarded for doing (hopefully) a whole lot of what it is that you love to do.  So... if you are doing a LOT of it, and sharing a lot of what you love to do, then maybe you will have a lot of it come back to you, in return!  If you do, just remember to put it to good use, for good things, that can help us all!  (It doesn’t mean, to me, that we all have to live in a communal lifestyle, to share everything we have equally, as I do not believe that works as a system, exactly... and though I know I’ll also get flack for that from some of my friends, I believe there are other ways to put your earnings to good and noble use, and still make a good life for yourself and your family.)  As do my well-meaning friends, I have my own very strong opinions against the kind of a communal system that are thinking we need to adopt, and maybe some should, but at least for my own self, personally, (that I’ll share at length at a later time in more depth) it is not a path or the solution for me or my family.  For now, just know that I am feeling GOOD about money, and all it can do, to help.  Law of Attraction, baby!!!!  Bring it ON!



Also, reading that article shed a fairly bright light on another thing I have been witnessing, and something that a friend of mine told me might be happening soon and is, (he told me this a couple of year ago, and it had even begun back then) that... well, people in power, or even just your basic, spiritual, nice, wonderful and otherwise good people who are in positions that can easily be abused... are going somewhat... crazy, mentally, if they are not protecting themselves.  I am not sure why this is... and I am saddened to my core to see it happening, but it seems like everywhere I do turn, lately, there is some sort of strife and some real insanity going on out there.  I don’t pretend to understand it, or even to believe that I can really help at this point...  I used to think that way, think that I could save the world, and I still would if I knew that I could... but at this point, and with the messages that I am getting, things are fast going off the deep end, in some disturbing ways that I am unable to control, at all, and it is going to continue to happen whether or not I like it.  I need to make sure that it doesn’t happen to me so I can be there to help when I am needed, later.  Of course, being who I am, I will always likely help when needed, if I am able.  But at this juncture, if I am simply NOT able, I need to be able to admit that, and to be okay with it, whether or not it is understood by others, and whether or not they are okay with it.



Seriously. 



I have been told, in no uncertain (at all) terms, that I need to be one of those people to watch, and to protect myself, so that I do not also get caught up in this whirlwind of dreadful chaos.  I know that I can do this, and pretty easily, thank goodness, as I have a center of calm about me now that is pretty darn unshakeable, and I intend to remain that way.  However, it still makes me take note of the people around me more closely, these days, and to (at least make the attempt to) allow myself only to be around those people, (or allow them to be around me, should I say) those who I know are truly good for my spirit.  If I don’t feel they are so, then I won’t be around them long, and they will know it and see it and realize it soon enough.  I don’t mean to sound... hmm... what is the right word... aloof, or distant, or unapproachable, but I do think that I need a great portion of this winter (at least) to myself to inwardly do some serious work and strengthen my reserves for what is to come.  I plan to create a hideaway for myself; a retreat that I badly need for my soul to rest and heal and recuperate, while I do these other things that need to be done.  A place where I can go and be completely alone... away from anyone and everyone, and meditate, read, work, create, bring the new things and people into my life that need to be there, and grow stronger once again, while eliminating the ones who are... not.  I won’t apologize for this, and I am determined to make this happen for myself.  If I do not, I feel that I am at risk to become one of the ones that will be sucked into the... abyss!  (Sounds dramatic, doesn’t it?)  And maybe it isn’t all that bad... the world around me, maybe people will eventually come out okay, as a race...as this predication admits,  but I see these things as warnings and important reminders to be heeded, rather than ignored, and I, for one, am paying attention.



I think I have been through enough to know that it is true what they say... “If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger.”  So, stronger I grow. 



(Hear Hear, to long living clichés!)



I’ll have to read the article again myself, and see what I might have missed, (this is all off the top of my head, for now) and this, for me, is just the tip of the iceberg.  I share it with you, in hopes that you also may get something out of it, and may see the connection that I am starting to see once again, that we are all one, and yet we are all separate, as well, at the same time, and that because of this unique situation, we need to be good to one another.  As good as we can be, anyhow... without giving our souls away.  We are an eight-billionth of a universal brain, and perhaps one zillionth of a complete universal consciousness, and so to be good to one another, is to be good to ourselves.  (Conversely, to be bad to one another is to be bad to ourselves.  So... be good!  Santa is probably watching just about ALL of us right now, anyway... if you believe THAT kind of myth... and yes, I still do... So there.)



All of MY Love... To YOU...



B



(part two coming later tonight!)






No comments: